PING i500 Irons
After hitting this sleek, blade-style iron you’ll be amazed at its incredible speed, distance, and towering trajectory, with stopping power that gives you a real competitive advantage. The forged C300 maraging-steel face, metal-wood-like construction and hinged cavity create the conditions for unprecedented speed, power and distance.
A forged, C300 maraging-steel face combines with a 17-4 stainless steel body for metal-wood-like performance, resulting in faster ball speeds and much longer, higher-trajectory shots with stopping power.
The muscle-back geometry helps to hinge the precision-milled, forged, C300 maraging steel face, which flexes, adding dynamic loft while increasing ball speed, trajectory and distance.
The clean, blade-style shape with minimal offset produces so much speed and distance that you’ll be able to hit one less club into greens.
Precision Grooves, Face
The face and grooves are precision-milled to provide a flat surface for ensuring consistent ball speeds and reliable ballstriking.
HydroPearl Chrome 2.0 Finish
This premium finish helps ensure impact consistency and distance control from the rough and wet conditions while adding to the high-end appeal of the club.
|POWER SPEC LOFT
|RETRO SPEC LOFT
- These are design specifications that may vary due to manufacturing tolerances.
- Power Spec Loft: A fitting option for players looking to boost their iron distance or decrease spin to hit a desired trajectory window. The Power Spec is a custom-designed loft configuration that delivers a power boost in a calculated fashion without sacrificing the integrity of the club’s design.
- Retro Spec Loft: A fitting option if you’re less concerned with overall distance and more with precision and a higher trajectory for more stopping power. This loft configuration yields functional distance gaps for utilizing a 3-wedge setup or a more classic loft spec.
- Club bounce angles will vary slightly if ordered with non-standard loft specs.
- Lie angle based on Black Color Code at standard length
- Standard swingweights for graphite-shafted clubs are 2 to 3 points lighter than shown, depending on shaft flex.
- Achievable swingweights depend on shaft and grip combinations.
|Dynamic Gold 105
|Recoil ES SmacWrap
|PING AWT 2.0
|Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 105
|True Temper XP 95
|Rifle Project X LZ
|Dynamic Gold 120
- After-market shafts KBS Tour, N.S. Pro Modus3 105, Dynamic Gold, XP 95 and Project X LZ offered at no upcharge.
PING offers a variety of shaft flexes in steel and graphite to meet your needs and preferences. Selecting the proper shaft flex for your swing will help you get the most distance and accuracy from every shot. Generally, players with faster swing speeds require stiffer shafts to keep the ball trajectory lower, while players with slower swing speeds will require more-flexible shafts to produce a higher ball trajectory. The choice of steel or graphite shafts is usually based on preferences for weight and/or feel. Players seeking a lighter overall weight and/or a softer feel in their irons may prefer graphite shafts, while players who prefer a standard-weight club with a firmer feel may prefer steel shafts. We recommend that you get fit for the shaft that allows you to play your best golf. Whether that’s a softer, lighter shaft with a higher launch or a heavier, stiffer shaft with a lower trajectory, a PING Certified Club Fitter can help you find the shaft that brings consistency to your game.
|Golf Pride Tour Velvet
|The Golf Pride Tour Velvet features a state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound with a non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability and confidence. The scientifically designed plus-sign texture pulls moisture away from surface to allow for consistent traction.
|Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord
|The Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord features a state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound with a non-slip surface pattern and embedded cotton twill fibers for maximum playability and confidence in all weather conditions. The scientifically designed plus-sign texture pulls moisture away from surface to allow for consistent traction.
PING offers a variety of grip sizes and styles to fit different hand sizes and texture preferences. Since grip size influences your wrist action, and therefore the direction of your shots, it is commonly used by fitters to affect ball flight. PING color-coded grips are available in six different diameters, and can be further customized with grip tape according to your needs. Once the neutral grip color code has been determined based on hand measurements, golfers may consider smaller diameter grips to help control fades and slices, or larger diameter grips to help control draws and hooks.
Interested in the i500 irons?
PING offers the most time-tested and precise custom-fitting process in golf,
one proven to generate the optimal ball flights and consistency you need to shoot lower scores.