PING i525 Irons
Forged, Maraging Steel Face
The strength of the variable-thickness, maraging steel allows for a thinner, more dynamic face structure with an internal sole undercut in the 17-4 stainless steel body to increase flexing to launch shots faster and higher with predictability.
Tungsten toe and shaft tip weights combine with a tiered, dynamic face structure to expand the perimeter weighting while preserving ball speed through greater face deflection for added distance and improved accuracy.
Pleasing Sound, Feel
A polymer is precisely injected onto the inside of the face to improve feel and sound without interfering with face deflection, the source of its increased ball speed.
A precision-milled groove pattern allows for tighter spacing and a geometry that results in an average of four extra grooves to reduce fliers in the short irons and preserve spin in the long irons for greater control and consistency.
The players-style blade length and offset with a modest topline create a clean, compact profile favored by discerning players. The hydropearl 2.0 finish repels water to ensure predictable, consistent performance from wet and dry conditions.
A variety of shafts are available, including the mid-launching AWT 2.0, and the PING ALTA J CB, which delivers a mid-to-high launch with stability and a consistent feel.
|CLUB||LENGTH||LOFT||POWER SPEC LOFT||RETRO SPEC LOFT||LIE ANGLE||OFFSET||BOUNCE||SWING WEIGHT|
- These are design specifications that may vary due to manufacturing tolerances.
- Lie angle is based on Black Color Code at standard length.
- Power Spec Loft is a fitting option for players looking to boost their iron distance or decrease spin to hit a desired trajectory window. The Power Spec is a custom-designed loft configuration that delivers a power boost in a calculated fashion without sacrificing the integrity of the club’s design.
- Retro Spec Loft is a fitting option if you’re less concerned with overall distance and more with precision and a higher trajectory for more stopping power. This loft configuration yields functional distance gaps for utilizing a 3-wedge setup or a more classic loft spec.
- Club bounce angles will vary slightly if ordered with non-standard loft specs.
- Standard swingweights for graphite-shafted clubs are 2 to 3 points lighter than shown, depending on shaft flex.
- Achievable swingweights depend on shaft, length and grip combinations.
- Available in left- and right-handed models.
|True Temper Dynamic Gold 105
|PING Alta J CB Black||Regular||54.0g||Low|
|Soft Regular||64.0g||Mid Low|
|PING AWT 2.0||Regular||98.0g||Mid High|
|True Temper Dynamic Gold||S300||124.0g||Low Mid|
|True Temper Dynamic Gold 120||S300||112.0g||Mid|
|FST KBS Tour||Regular||104.0g||Mid|
|Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 105||Regular||103.0g||Mid High|
|UST Recoil ES SmacWrap||760 A (F2)||59.0g||High|
|780 R (F3)||73.0g||High|
|780 S (F4)||78.0g||High|
|True Temper Elevate MPH 95||Regular||93.0g||High|
- Shaft weights listed are based on the trimmed length of a 7-iron and may not match the specs on the shaft manufacturer’s websites.
PING offers a variety of shaft flexes in steel and graphite to meet your needs and preferences. Selecting the proper shaft flex for your swing will help you get the most distance and accuracy from every shot. Generally, players with faster swing speeds require stiffer shafts to keep the ball trajectory lower, while players with slower swing speeds will require more-flexible shafts to produce a higher ball trajectory.
The choice of steel or graphite shafts is usually based on preferences for weight and/or feel. Players seeking a lighter overall weight and/or a softer feel in their irons may prefer graphite shafts, while players who prefer a standard-weight club with a firmer feel may prefer steel shafts.
We recommend that you get fit for the shaft that allows you to play your best golf. Whether that’s a softer, lighter shaft with a higher launch or a heavier, stiffer shaft with a lower trajectory, a PING Certified Club Fitter can help you find the shaft that brings consistency to your game.
|GRIP||SIZE | COLOR CODE||DESCRIPTION|
|Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet||The Golf Pride Tour Velvet features a state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound with a non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability and confidence. The scientifically designed plus-sign texture pulls moisture away from surface to allow for consistent traction.|
|Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet Cord||The Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord features a state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound with a non-slip surface pattern and embedded cotton twill fibers for maximum playability and confidence in all weather conditions. The scientifically designed plus-sign texture pulls moisture away from surface to allow for consistent traction.|
PING offers a variety of grip sizes and styles to fit different hand sizes and texture preferences. Since grip size influences your wrist action, and therefore the direction of your shots, it is commonly used by fitters to affect ball flight.
PING colour-coded grips are available in six different diameters, and can be further customized with grip tape according to your needs. Once the neutral grip colour code has been determined based on hand measurements, golfers may consider smaller diameter grips to help control fades and slices, or larger diameter grips to help control draws and hooks.
Interested in the i525 Irons?
PING offers the most time-tested and precise custom-fitting process in golf,
one proven to generate the optimal ball flights and consistency you need to shoot lower scores.